A passenger infected with Covid flew to New Zealand and back on two flights over the weekend while an alert has been issued for a popular Merivale venue.
A plane passenger flew from Sydney to New Zealand and back while infectious with Covid, NSW Health says.
Passengers on flight QF163 which left Sydney at 7:05pm on June 18, touching down in Wellington, NZ at 12:12am June 19, or flight NZ247 leaving Wellington on June 21, arriving in Sydney at 11:33am, must get tested immediately and isolate for 14 days regardless of their result.
Passengers on these flights must also ring NSW Health immediately.
Health sources confirmed one person on both flights was infectious during travel before testing positive to Covid-19 on Tuesday.
Other venue alerts issued on Tuesday night include popular Merivale restaurant Totti’s Bondi.
Anyone who visited the venue at 283 Bondi Rd on Saturday June 19 between 5pm and 6.30pm is considered a close contact and must get tested and isolate for two weeks regardless of the result.
Anyone who attended The Royal Bondi (other than Totti’s) on Saturday between 5pm and 6.30pm or Spring Farm Woolworths on Sunday June 20 between 9.30am and 10am is considered a casual contact and must get tested and isolate until negative.
The latest alerts prompted Victoria to declare the City of Sydney, Waverley, Woollahra, Bayside, Canada Bay, Inner West and Randwick LGAs as red zones, preventing entry into the southern state.
The Wollongong LGA has also been relisted as orange, meaning travellers must apply for a permit to enter VIC.
VENUE ALERTS FOR MASCOT, SYDNEY CBD
More exposure alerts were issued earlier on Tuesday evening for Bondi Junction, venues in the CBD and a shopping centre and restaurant at Mascot.
Anyone who attended the following venues is considered a close contact and must immediately get tested and isolate for 14 days:
– Mascot Wallabies Thai Restaurant (outside dining): 2/1-5 Bourke St, Mascot, Saturday 19 June, 11.30am – 12pm
– Bondi Junction, Chanel fragrance and beauty, Level 4, Westfield Bondi, Friday 18 June, 12pm – 12.25pm
– Sydney, ANZ 20 Martin Place (Anyone on Level 2), Thursday 17 June 2021, 11:45am – 3:15pm
Anyone who attended the following venues is considered a casual contact and must get tested and isolate until negative:
– Mascot, Wallabies Thai Restaurant (inside dining), 2/1-5 Bourke St, Mascot, Saturday 19 June, 11.30am – 12pm
– Bondi Junction, Starbucks, Level 2, Westfield Bondi, Friday 18 June, 11am – 12pm
– Sydney, ANZ 20 Martin Place (Anyone on Ground and Level 1), Thursday 17 June, 11:45am – 3:15pm
Anyone who attended Mascot Central Shopping Precinct from Friday June 18 to Tuesday June 22 should monitor for symptoms and get tested and isolate until negative.